All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa) is the recognised, umbrella, representative national body for all participants in the fields of coaching and mentoring in South Africa. We are a non-profit organisation run by the members, for the members. COMENSA's mission is to support professional practice and a learning culture in coaching and mentoring through standards and ethics.
Members categories include the following, and are representative of the full spectrum of interest groups in these emerging professions:
- Corporate members
- Coaches / mentors in employment
- Companies that supply coaching / mentoring services and interventions
- Coaching / mentoring practitioners
- Training institutions
- Student members
- Affiliate members
What personally identifiable information would COMENSA collect from you?
COMENSA collects information in several ways. Some personal information -- such as a name and e-mail address -- is gathered when you register for various services, and more detailed information is collected when we conduct demographic research.
When you are in a section of the COMENSA website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with COMENSA, its divisions and/or its third party service providers unless it is specifically stated otherwise.
Promotions that run on COMENSA may be sponsored by companies other than COMENSA or may be co-sponsored by COMENSA and another company. Some or all data collected during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor.
Please be aware that COMENSA advertisers or websites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those websites are not covered by this privacy statement.
How does COMENSA use my information?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our users with a better online experience, including interactive communications, online shopping and other services. By knowing a little about you, COMENSA and its partners are able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content, and hence better service to you.
COMENSA delivers targeted advertisements on behalf of advertisers. Advertisers give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach. We take the advertisement and display it to users meeting those criteria. In this process, the advertiser never has access to individual account information. Only COMENSA has access to your information. This kind of advertisement targeting is done with banner ads, pop-up advertising, button ads as well as promotional e-mail.
COMENSA conducts research on our users' demographics, interests and behaviour based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. COMENSA may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
With whom does COMENSA share my information?
As a general rule, COMENSA will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below:
- Traffic : Web servers serving COMENSA automatically collect information about which pages each user visits and the domain name of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for traffic audits. We also provide this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about our users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our advertisers. Any personally identifiable information provided by subscribers online as part of an online advertising promotion, or in order to access a third party service, may be provided directly to the advertiser or third party concerned, provided permission to do so is given.
- Promotions : Many promotions offer opportunities to request additional information from sponsors. When you request more information about a particular promotion, your e-mail address may be shared with the sponsor of that promotion.
- Shopping : If you make a purchase from an online store or merchant, the information obtained during your visit to those stores (including tracking information and cookies as described below as well as the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information) is provided to the merchants. This is to enable transactions to take place.
- Third parties : Online merchants providing services in association with COMENSA have separate privacy and data collection practices. COMENSA has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information regarding the merchant, their store, and their privacy policies, return to that store's home page and click on the appropriate link.
- Legal : COMENSA may also disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our policies or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) COMENSA's rights or property, other COMENSA users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- Statistics and advertisements : COMENSA may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or "clicked" their advertising banners. COMENSA also uses demographic information to allow advertising banners on our Web site to be targeted, in aggregate, to the readers for whom they are most pertinent. This means that readers see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer's experience and the effectiveness of the ads. In this statistical analyses and banner advertisement targeting, we will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate form.
What are cookies and how does COMENSA use them?
In certain areas of the site, the COMENSA website places a "cookie" on the browser of a COMENSA website user's computer to store and sometimes track information about you. A cookie can be used to tell when your computer has contacted a Web site; we use the information for purposes such as measuring certain traffic patterns, making sure that you don't see the same ad too many times in a single session, serving personalised content and so on.
Use of IP Address
Links to Other Sites
Users should be aware that when you are on COMENSA, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from COMENSA pages that take you outside our service, e.g. clicking on a banner advertisement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. COMENSA does not control the privacy policies of our business partners, advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, that information can be collected and used by people you don't know. While COMENSA strives to protect its users' personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you disclose this information at your own risk.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, COMENSA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Using the e-mail addresses provided when you register for various services, COMENSA may periodically send promotional e-mail to its users about services offered by COMENSA and its advertisers.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases within the limits of the subscription service offered by COMENSA, and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents, either jointly or severally.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including - without limitation - data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use, or the correct, or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility, either jointly or severally.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
1. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
When joining or renewing your membership of COMENSA, you will be asked to enter various details and will then be redirected to the VCS secure server. You will be asked for credit card details, which will be authorised using VCS. Once the transaction has been approved, you will receive an email giving you a unique user name and secure password to prevent multiple users from logging on using your subscription.
When you click to make a purchase with us, legal obligations arise and your right to the refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a copy of the completed application form, the (digitally) signed COMENSA Pledge and confirmation of payment in full.
Refunds will only be considered within 14 calendar days of membership application or renewal. Should you for any reason wish to cancel your membership within that period, you must advise us in writing of your cancellation by sending an email to email@example.com and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original purchase. As transactions are automated, requests for refunds need to be received before the 15th of the month in order to be processed. A 10% cancellation fee will be incurred on any refunds granted. Only membership fees will be refunded. There will be no refund on the Joining Fee that is applied to all new memberships.
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept credit card payments via the website using Virtual Card Services? secure server.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order. All of your order details will be saved online under in the Your Account section available for use whenever you?re ready! Sorry for the inconvenience.
EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)
One of the most widely used ways of sending money online. Once you have completed the online membership registration process, proceed to ?Checkout? and follow the order processing instructions. Select the option to pay via EFT. You will then have to load COMENSA as a beneficiary on your internet banking and use the unique order number in the reference line for your payment. This should ensure speedy processing and delivery of your selected products.
Bank : Standard Bank, Constantia
Branch No. : 025309
Account Name : COMENSA
Account No. : 271 626 771
Account Type : Current
You may pay for your products through a direct deposit. It?s exactly the same as doing an EFT payment, except you?ll have to go into your bank and physically make your direct deposit there. Please fax through your deposit slip to us on (011) 555-5555 to ensure your payment is confirmed and order shipped as quickly as possible.
Bank : Standard Bank, Constantia
Branch No. : 025309
Account Name : COMENSA
Account No. : 271 626 771
Account Type : Current
For any queries, please contact our Administrative Team on Fax (021)781 0812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refunds will only be considered within 14 calendar days of membership application or renewal.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User?s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User?s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User?s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to COMENSA and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by COMENSA for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
Physical address: 53 Glenoak Road, Welcome Glen, Simonstown, W. Cape, 7945
Postal address: Postnet Suite 532, Private Bag X4, Sunvalley, 7985
Email address: email@example.com
Phone numbers: 021 781 0812 / 071 684 42 76
Fax numbers: 086 669 0131
A copy of the ECT Act is available at http://www.polity.org.za/pol/acts/2002.